Valentines Day 2021 is going to be the ultimate date night in for my family so I thought it would be fun to try a few home made goodies this year. Here are my favorite fast and easy treats to make for Valentine’s day.
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- 1 bag pretzel rods
- 1 bag of white chocolate melts
- 1 bag of pink chocolate melts
- 1 container of valentine’s day themed sprinkles
- 3 sheets of wax paper
- Set up counter space for 3 sheets (about 1ft each) of parchment paper. You will use more or less depending on how far apart you set the pretzels down
- Lay out the pretzels. I find it easiest if you lay them out ahead of time and then grab them one at a time from the sheet to dip.
- Set out in a bowl the sprinkles. It’s best if you have quick and easy access to them.
- Follow the ingredients for the candy melt. Most can be done using the stove top or the microwave.
- Dip your pretzel in the chocolate, lay on the parchment paper, and then throw some sprinkles on it.
- Wait for them to cool
- I like to save some of the chocolate of alternating colors to melt and drizzle on top of the pretzels after the sprinkles have been stuck to the stick.
- Default to the instructions on the candy/chocolate packaging
Valentines Muddy Buddies / Chex Mix
**This recipe is not my own, I pulled it from Chex website (found here), and then added Valentines chocolates and sprinkles**
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup pink and red MnMs
- 1 container of Valentine’s Sprinkles
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
These Valentine’s Day snacks are a hit with kids and adults…everyone will love them. Plus, they are easy to make, and yummy. I will eat the entire bowl, so I like to give them away as gifts.